Thursday, March 14, 2013

Introducing "The Weekend Workshop"

My friend from the UK John Harrison (also known as Darkmessiah in the internet) has started a wonderful initiative to organize painting and modelling courses in England, and he intends to bring to the island some of the most well known painters in the world to give masterclasses to interested painters who wish to learn some new techniques, master those they already have or simply see how other painters from far across the seas manage to create their art pieces.


It has been called "The Weekend Workshop".

So far it has hosted masterclasses by great painters such as Christopher Octive or Tue Kaae. John told me of his plans and I didn't hesitate to become part of it, so the next painting course will be imparted by me, and it will take place in Liverpool, on the weekend of March 23-24. We will try to paint one of the miniatures in the Wild Orcs box by Games Workshop, and the whole weekend will be centered around the topics of Colour Theory and Contrast. A great chance to learn some new moves! And if they already know everything I can teach, then I can try Harlem Shaking! (see Painting Crusade X).


Check out John's site on The Weekend Workshop where you will find all the details you need to know about this and other wonderful workshops.

And of course, this is the first time I move to another country for a painting class but it won't be the only one. If you are interested in setting a painting workshop, just contact me!

No comments: